Mekom Solutions is searching for a React Software Engineer to join the cross-organisational Micro Frontends squad that develops the UI of OpenMRS 3.0.
The Micro Frontends squad operates between UX designers and backend developers and builds out features of the next generation of OpenMRS.
This role requires a high level of coordination between the various stakeholders and groups:
- The Micro Frontends squad, and in particular the OpenMRS 3.0 Architect.
- Stakeholders from multiple organisations, such as:
– Mekom Solutions,
– Partners In Health,
– Regenstrief Institute.
- The wider OpenMRS Community.
The React Software Engineer should be accustomed to open-source collaborative software development with a good capability of seeking consensus on public forums and over public meetings.
(S)he must be well versed in agile development processes involving large teams of developers delivering code in parallel.
OpenMRS 3.0 frontend layer leverages single-spa as the Micro Frontends framework with elements of Piral. This supports offering a collaborative development framework where UI components are not tied to a preferred frontend framework.
- Very good React development skills.
- Sound software architecture capabilities.
- Experience with TypeScript.
- Knowledge of the Micro Frontends architecture patterns / single-spa / Piral would be a plus.
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Uncompromising with testing / proficient with test frameworks and testing best practices.
- Able to co-review code, specifically on GitHub.
- (Mostly) uncompromising with documentation.
- Proficient with the frontend dev toolbox: Webpack, Babel, npm, …
Send your resumé and a short cover letter to email@example.com